4 medium zucchinis
1 can (19 oz/540 ml) lentils
1 1⁄2 cups water
1 can (5.5. oz/156 ml) tomato paste
1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
Toppings (optional): green onions, sour cream, pickled jalapeños
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Slice each zucchini in half, lengthwise. Using the tip of a spoon, gently scrape out centres of zucchini halves, leaving 1⁄4” thick shell on each half. Chop zucchini centres; set aside.
- Place zucchini shells in Multipurpose Steamer (they will be stacked). Cover; microwave on high 4 min, or just until tender. Tuck zucchini halves in bottom of a large baking dish; it’s OK if they touch.
- Drain and rinse lentils. In Multipurpose Steamer (don’t wash), combine lentils, chopped zucchini centres, seasoning, water, and tomato paste. Cover; microwave on high 3–5 min, until warmed through.
- Generously fill zucchini hollows with mixture; press in to pack down as best you can. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Loosely cover dish with foil; roast until cheese melts, about 5–6 min.
- Meanwhile, dice avocado. Top prepared boats with avocados and additional toppings, if desired.